There are many ways that your support can make a difference.
Your donation can help.
Camrose Women’s Shelter Society (CWSS) funding comes from Government grants, community grants, service clubs, business and individual donations and fundraising.
CWSS accepts in-kind donations. Below is a specific list of donations being accepted at this time. After reviewing, please contact Administration at 780-679-4975 ext. 8, if you have questions.
If you would like to mail in your donation, please download CWSS donation form.
We accept donations online via the links below:
Donate via E-transfer
send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your full name, address, and email address, and indicate if you would like an income tax receipt. Donations of $20 or more are receiptable.
Donation Wish List
Toiletries (Full size)
- Liquid hand soap – no bar soap please
- Hand/body lotions, body wash with no perfume or natural scents, such as: lavender, vanilla, orange, cucumber
- Hair brushes, combs, hair ties, hair dryers
- Pampering items: face masks and oils, eye masks, loofas, drying hair wraps, socks with foot scrubs/lotions
New Loungewear, Underwear and Socks (CWSS accepts only the following, new clothing items)
- Pyjamas (Urgently Needed) – all sizes, esp. M, L, XL, XXL
Underwear – panties (Urgently Needed, esp. M, L, XL, XXL),
bras (esp. C and D cup); no sports bras
Socks and Slippers – all sizes, including boys
Loungewear, yoga pants – all sizes
Hoodies – all sizes, especially children
School Program Items
- Lego kits (boys and girls)
- Colouring markers
- Kinetic sand
- Toiletry kits for teen boys
- Head phones; ear buds
Charging cords (iPhone and other)
Wall adapters, power banks, flash drives
Tots – Kids
- Diapers – sizes 5 and 6
- Towel sets (face cloth, hand towel, bath towel)
- Twin & double sheet sets
- Pillows (new)
- Colouring books with pencil crayons (kids/adults)
Amazon/Amazon Prime, Ardene, Canadian Tire, Co-op Food Store, Dollar Store, FIKA, Home Hardware, iTunes, Mark’s, McDonald’s, Netflix (purchased through Amazon), Safeway, Save-On-Foods, Sport Chek, Staples, Starbucks, Superstore, Tim Hortons, Walmart, Warehouse One, Wendy’s, Winners, and various fuel stations and hair salons
WE CANNOT ACCEPT
- Bath bombs, bath salts, bar soap, nail polish
- Travel size shampoo and conditioner or hair dye
- Stuffed animals/toys
- Clothing (some exceptions)
Thank you for your support!
The goal of our volunteer program is to provide volunteer services, to help meet the needs of the women and children residing in the shelter. As a non-profit society we depend on volunteers to help our shelter run smoothly and so that we can provide a safe, caring environment. Volunteers participate in a range of activities including:
• School program
• Group programming
• Kitchen: baking, cooking, grocery shopping
• Handyman, maintenance
• Yard care, gardening
• Donation room sorting
• Moving helpers (as needed)
We offer flexible hours, training, support, and the development of valuable skills.
For more information about becoming a volunteer contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 780-679-4975 ext 4 or via email at email@example.com.
We support women and children in crisis.